Posted: October 30, 2013 from Harare
- Avoid scams by meeting in person to see the item for sale, and exchange money. Always make sure you take someone with you to meet strangers, and meet in public well-lit areas. Try to ensure that all transactions take place locally.
- Avoid receipt of payment by mailed cheques, Western Union, Moneygram or other wired anonymous payment services. These forms of funds transfer are often used by fraudsters.
- Avoid buying and selling outside of your country with people you do not know or trust, as it may expose you to potential fraudsters.
- MyClassifieds is never involved in any transaction on behalf of sellers, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification" for any good or services advertised on this site.
- Take care when buying expensive items and tickets for events, and use common sense – if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Never provide your personal or banking information to others over the internet e.g. credit card information.
- Report any suspicious or offensive ads, emails or other activity to us using the links